Skip to content
20 Questions You Should Ask Your
IT Management Company
- Do you offer a Service Level Agreement?
- Do you bill me one monthly fee to manage my network or do you bill based on time and materials?
- What’s included in your service? For example, do you do data backups, virus protection, spy ware protection, server and network monitoring, etc.?
- If you back up my data, how, when and where is it backed up?
- Do I have to manage licenses and purchase software, or do you do that?
- Am I bound by a long contract, or is our relationship month by month?
- Is your helpdesk unlimited?
- What are the qualifications of your helpdesk and technical staff?
- Where is your helpdesk located?
- What hours is your helpdesk staffed, and do you handle emergency or after-hours calls?
- Will you make on-site visits, and am I billed for them?
- I have a small IT staff, but would like to outsource our helpdesk. How will you work with my IT staff?
- What applications and operating systems do you cover and how do you handle third-party application issues?
- Do you offer IT coaching to help me with planning, expansion or changes?
- Can you help me with hardware acquisition?
- I also have a few Macs. Will you manage those as well?
- I would like your opinion of my network. Will you charge for an assessment?
- I have a number of peripherals involved in my network such as copiers, printers, faxes, and my phone system. Will you also manage these items?
- Can you help with my sales department notebook computers?
- Several of our executives have Blackberries. How do you handle their issues?